4WD Trending Upgrades: Riding the Wave of ProgressTodd McArthur
Four-wheel drives (4WDs) are incredibly popular in Australia, and for good reason. They’re perfect for exploring the country’s vast and diverse terrain, from the outback to the beaches to the mountains. As we transition from year to year, a new set of trends and upgrades are shaping the landscape of off-road vehicles. From advanced technology to enhanced performance capabilities, this article explores the latest trends in 4WD upgrades that are capturing the attention of enthusiasts and changing the way we experience off-road adventures.
But if you want to make the most of your 4WD, it’s important to do some upgrades. There are a number of trending upgrades that people are doing to their 4WDs in Australia, and for good reason.
Here are some of the most popular upgrades that are trending right now.
One of the most important upgrades you can do to your 4WD is to upgrade the suspension. This will make your vehicle more comfortable to drive, and it will also improve its handling and performance off-road.
Some popular suspension upgrades for 4WDs include:
- Lift kits: Lift kits raise your vehicle’s ride height, which gives you more ground clearance and makes it easier to cross obstacles.
- Shocks and struts: Upgraded shocks and struts can improve your vehicle’s handling and performance off-road.
- Leaf springs: Upgraded leaf springs can improve your vehicle’s load-carrying capacity and handling.
Another important upgrade for 4WDs is to upgrade the tyres. Off-road tyres will give you better traction and grip in slippery and muddy conditions.
Some popular off-road tyres for 4WDs include:
- All-terrain tyres: All-terrain tyres are a good all-round option for 4WDs, as they provide good performance on both road and off-road.
- Mud terrain tyres: Mud terrain tyres are designed for off-road use, and they provide excellent traction in mud and other slippery conditions.
Bullbars are a popular upgrade for 4WDs, as they protect the front of your vehicle from damage from rocks, branches, and other obstacles.
Some popular bullbars for 4WDs include:
- TJM bullbars: TJM bullbars are known for their strength and durability.
- ARB bullbars: ARB bullbars are another popular option for 4WDs.
- Ironman bullbars: Ironman bullbars are a good budget-friendly option.
Winches are another popular upgrade for 4WDs, as they can be used to get you out of sticky situations off-road.
Some popular winches for 4WDs include:
- Warn winches: Warn winches are known for their reliability and durability.
- TJM winches: TJM winches are another popular option for 4WDs.
- Superwinch winches: Superwinch winches are a good budget-friendly option.
5. Roof racks
Roof racks can be used to carry extra gear, such as luggage, kayaks, and surfboards. This is ideal for people who are planning on doing some touring with their 4WD. They are also an important part when attaching solar panels as you can use the storage and have your panels in an optimal position.
Some popular roof racks for 4WDs include:
- Rhino-Rack: Rhino-Rack is a popular brand of roof racks that offers a wide range of products to suit different needs.
- Thule: Thule is another popular brand of roof racks that offers a wide range of products.
- ARB: ARB also offers a range of roof racks for 4WDs.
Upgraded lighting can make your 4WD more visible at night, and it can also help you to see better when you’re driving off-road, and through rural areas with no street lights.
Some popular lighting upgrades for 4WDs include:
- LED headlights: LED headlights are brighter and more energy-efficient than traditional halogen headlights.
- LED spot lights: LED spot lights can be used to light up the track ahead of you when you’re driving off-road.
- Light bars: Light bars can be used to provide a wide beam of light, which is ideal for driving off-road at night.
7. Tow Pro (electric brakes)
A Tow Pro (electric brakes) is a popular upgrade for 4WDs that allows you to tow a trailer with electric brakes, which gives you smooth and confident trailer braking on all terrain and in all conditions. This is ideal for people who are planning on towing a caravan or camper trailer especially when going off road.
Some popular brands include
- Redarc Tow Pro
Maxtrax are a popular upgrade for 4WDs, as they can be used to get you out of sticky situations off-road, such as if you get bogged in sand or mud.
These are just a few of the many trending upgrades that people are doing to their 4WDs in Australia. If you’re looking to improve your 4WDs performance, comfort, and safety, then consider doing some of these upgrades. We offer all on site and we tailor each upgrade to the owners needs and requirements.
*There is lots of External companies that sell the upgrades talked about remember to link them, also like to our services and recent articles. *
4WDs are popular in Australia because they are perfect for exploring the country’s vast and diverse terrain, ranging from the outback to beaches to mountains.
Upgrading a 4WD improves its performance, comfort, and safety, enhancing the off-road experience for the driver.
Popular suspension upgrades include lift kits, upgraded shocks and struts, and enhanced leaf springs.
Off-road tyres provide better traction and grip, especially in muddy and slippery conditions, improving the vehicle’s off-road capabilities.
Bullbars protect the front of the vehicle from damage caused by rocks, branches, and other obstacles encountered during off-road adventures.
Popular winch brands include Warn winches, TJM winches, and Superwinch winches.
Roof racks provide extra storage space for gear like luggage, kayaks, and surfboards. They’re especially useful for those planning on touring and can also be used to position solar panels optimally
LED lighting, including LED headlights, spotlights, and light bars, provides brighter illumination which is energy-efficient, making the vehicle more visible at night and improving the driver’s visibility during off-road and rural drives.
Tow Pro (electric brakes) allow for smooth and confident trailer braking across all terrains and conditions, which is particularly useful for those towing caravans or camper trailers off-road.
Maxtrax are devices used to help 4WDs get out of sticky situations off-road, such as being bogged down in sand or mud.
Yes, these upgrades are offered on-site and are tailored to meet the specific needs and requirements of the vehicle’s owner.